The Cisco 6861 Multiplatform IP Phone is a model of IP phone produced by Cisco Systems. It is designed to be compatible with multiple unified communications platforms, making it a versatile choice for businesses that utilize different systems or are transitioning between platforms.
Here are some key features and specifications of the Cisco 6861 Multiplatform IP Phone:
1. Display: It has a 3.5-inch (396×162 pixels) white backlit grayscale display, which provides easy-to-read call information and menus.
2. Line Support: The phone supports up to 2 SIP registrations and can handle two concurrent calls.
3. Audio: It features a full-duplex speakerphone for hands-free communication. The phone also has a dedicated headset jack for connecting a wired headset.
4. Programmable Line/Feature Keys: The Cisco 6861 has four programmable line/feature keys that can be customized for various functions such as line appearances, speed dials, or feature access.
5. Ethernet Connectivity: It has dual 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports, allowing for both phone and PC connectivity over a single network drop.
6. Power Options: The phone can be powered through Power over Ethernet (PoE) or an optional power adapter.
7. Security: The Cisco 6861 IP Phone supports various security features, including Transport Layer Security (TLS) for secure signaling and Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) for secure media transmission.
8. Compatibility: The Multiplatform IP Phone is designed to work with third-party call control platforms, such as Cisco BroadWorks and Asterisk, along with open SIP protocol-based platforms.
9. Setup and Management: The phone can be configured and managed through a web-based configuration utility or a centralized management platform, depending on the unified communications system being used.
Please note that while the information provided is accurate as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Cisco’s product offerings and specifications may change over time. For the most up-to-date information, I recommend visiting Cisco’s official website or contacting their sales representatives.